Local Pre-Purchase Damp, Timber & Wall Tie Survey Specialists
You’re buying your dream home and you’ve agreed a price with the vendors. Your mortgage company have sent the chartered surveyor to inspect and value the property and you wait for the report with trepidation, only to be informed that you need a damp, timber and wall tie survey. Never fear, expert help and advice is on hand.
What is a Damp, Timber & Wall Tie Survey?
A pre-purchase damp and timber survey carried out by TrustGuard Ltd can cover any or all of the following:
- Inspection for rising and penetrating damp to ground floor walls
- Inspection of wooden floors for dry rot, wet rot and woodworm
- Assess whether sub floor ventilation is adequate
- If specifically requested, inspect roof timbers for dry rot, wet rot and woodworm
- If specifically requested, comment on the visible condition or roof coverings and rainwater goods
- Inspect the property for signs of any condensation black mould-related issues
- We can also inspect the property for cavity wall tie failure for an additional cost
All of the above are of course subject to your instruction and requirements. The most important aspect for any damp, timber & wall tie survey is available access to the property. Surveys will always be limited by fixtures and fittings such as dry lining, laminate floor coverings, carpets, kitchen units, furniture etc. However, we use an array of modern, state of the art surveying equipment including mini cameras, endoscopes, ladders, dual mode moisture meters, mirrors and even binoculars to try and see as much of a property as we can during the survey.
Do you charge a fee?
Nothing in life is free, so in a word yes, we charge a fee. The real question is can you really afford not to have an independent damp and timber report carried out? We charge for the simple reason that if there isn’t a problem we will tell you. Our reports are totally unbiased and our fee allows us to spend the time and effort to supply our customers with an honest appraisal of the property.
A damp and timber survey can take anything from half an hour through to an hour or more on site depending on findings and the complexity of building layouts, add another hour or so to type up the report. The fee simply covers our time dealing with the survey, unlike other companies, we don’t need to ‘invent’ work.
Free damp and timber surveys more often than not lead to work that is not necessary or appropriate and can be extremely costly. We can, if requested, supply a quote for any remedial works (if any are needed) to correct problems uncovered during the survey. Quite often but not always, we can advise simple measures undertaken by yourself or builder to correct building defects found during the survey.
Your Number one choice for pre-purchase surveys
- 5-Star Reviews on Which Trusted Trader
- We cover the whole of The North East
- We have an in-depth knowledge of the different types of housing stock in the The North East region
- Rapid 24hr reports available
- We carry professional indemnity insurance
- We have many years of experience having installed our first damp proof course in 1999
- We use the latest surveying equipment to correctly assess your property
- Most importantly, if we think a job does NOT need doing, then we’ll tell you
But I’ve already had to pay for a survey!
The chances are that you’ve had to pay for a mortgage valuation, (this is for your bank or building societies benefit), or you might have paid for a chartered surveyor to carry out a ‘home buyers report’. If a damp and timber report has been requested as a result of these reports this is because the surveyor has identified a potential problem that needs further investigation by a specialist damp and timber surveyor. An example would be your GP referring you to a consultant who specialises in the specific problem.
Affordable pre-purchase surveys in The North East. Choose TrustGuard Ltd today.
Most of our work comes from recommendation by existing customers, which is a testament to our level of service and workmanship.
Our clients benefit from a skilled workforce with a track record of integrity and professionalism and all our pre-purchase damp and timber survey services are of high quality and cost effective.
With public liability insurance, competitive prices, and our guarantees, we remain the preferred damp surveyors in The North East.
You can rely on our expertise and professionalism when it comes to quality pre-purchase survey solutions.
- Qualified and experienced workforce
- All work guaranteed
- Which Trusted Trader
- Competitive local pricing
- Pre-purchase surveys
- No obligation quotations
- Fully insured local company
- Reliable, trusted and friendly staff
- Installation, maintenance and repairs
- Highly recommended
Got a question? Need some help? Fill in the form below, or call us on 0191 415 9471 and we'll get back to you very soon.
"*" indicates required fields